As you may know, we issue these regular articles because we asked our clients what it would take to score us 5/5.
“Keep in touch with us more often than once a year,” they said.
“Inform us what’s going on in the financial world,” they said.
“We love your chatty, friendly, easy-to-read updates,” they said.
So here we go again. Here’s another gentle reminder to stick with your investment plan.
No matter that interest rates have recently sneaked up a tad. No matter whether the word on the street is that the markets are ‘unusually high’. No matter that we still don’t know what the impact of Brexit will be.
Our advice remains the same as always. The markets work.
To prove it, here is the latest overview from Dimensional. We recommend you zoom in to study the images nice and closely – they are far more interesting than they look at first glance! (To enlarge the image, simply click on the icon in the top right corner.)
- Sector movements from July to September
- Three-month review (including key headlines)
- 12-month review to put all this into context
What this means to you
Absolutely nothing. There is no action you need to take at all.
Remember, here’s our approach to long-term investing:
- Don’t be distracted by daily changes in the markets
- Start with a plan to drive long-term return – and stick to the plan
- Diversify broadly, because it reduces risk and increases outcomes
If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call on 01435 863787.